Search My History...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

POLSKA!



There is a certain enjoyment that I get from being in Poland. It may be because I was born there and most of my closest friends and all my family live there, but I always feel happy when I am there. 
It is both difficult and easy for me to describe the experience I have when I go back home to Poland. 
The first place that I usually go is to my grandmothers house where most of my memories come from. My grandmother has a farm and lives in a not so large tourist town. There is a lot of wild beaches and a lot of forest. I like to walk everywhere I go because I don't exactly have a car, but also because I like to be able to look at everything and how much it has stayed the same over time. I am always able to see the place where I fell into a red ant hill and had my legs covered in bites, the place where I used to run around in the forest because there was a lot of freedom, the tower where hunters can spot wild hogs and other animals they maybe hunting that I used to go up because it was so high up you could see for miles.
I also enjoy seeing my friends because when we get back together after a long time of being apart it always feels like no time has passed at all. 
Or even when I am in my home town, walking the streets and knowing where I am makes me happy, seeing my old elementary school or even seeing the park where I rollerbladed with my mom brings back memories to me that I can't let go of. 
 All these things that I hold dear in my heart I will know that I can at any time return to. 
I know that if I need a place to stay my family will welcome me with open arms, or if I need someone to talk to my friends will crack open a beer and a bag of chips that we will drink and eat while talking about thoughts feelings and so on. 


I know my puppy will always greet me when I come through my grandmothers gate and be excited that I am there.
A feeling of welcome is always something that makes a person want to be somewhere. 


Wroclaw 2011

Miedzyzdroje 2008

Warszawa Palac Kultury

18th Birthday

Grandmothers Garden

Cake

Rode that leads to home

Polska 2010

Rynek, Wroclaw 2010




Train to the sky

Pobierowo 2010





1 comment: