Search My History...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Land of the Roses.... Bulgaria!


Oh Bulgaria….
I was in Bulgaria for 4 days and I enjoyed each and every moment of it.
Well maybe not all of it because on the first day I had a Field Program for my Economics class that was on The Communist monuments and such things that are still standing in Varna. If I knew that it was going to be the way it was I would have not gone on it and just written a paper with all that I already knew from my family.
There was an older tour guide lady who told us her life story pretty much and how she couldn’t baptize her children in the city and how the only reason she had a passport was because her job provided it for her, but in reality it wasn’t hers at all.
She talked a lot which was what bugged a lot of the people that were on the trip with me. We thought it would be like interesting and we could see photos and maybe some museum, but we were sitting in a bus the whole time while it drove around and she talked and occasionally pointed out things that we drove by.
Although the next day I had a Jeep Safari trip. This was probably the best trip that I signed up for out of all the countries that I have been in. We took 10 Jeeps and drove through the forests and we could see what was around. Then we went to a sunflower field and to a little village where we tasted Brandy. The Brandy did not taste that good. I had it barely touch my lips and my whole mouth burned. After that we tasted Honey and that was delicious. Then they drove to a spot where we shot air-soft guns and finally to a spot where they gave us lunch. We had Shaschwicks and Tomatoes and cucumber and it all tasted so good. We drank beer with it all and they played music for us and sang and even taught us a dance.
At night in Bulgaria I went out dancing with my friends and when I wasn’t on a trip I was at the beach near a Volleyball stadium where they were having European Beach Volleyball competition. I actually met 2 guys that were from Poland also that were playing in the competition which made me happy.
I watched some of the games that I could see from the beach, but mostly focused on my tan.
Overall I enjoyed Bulgaria because it was a good break from the strikes and protests in Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment